Monday, January 31, 2011
Apricot Crunch Cake
Well I been in a sugar mood lately, and I finally got myself to do this Apricot crunch cake.. for no reason at all.. and I been dipping spoons into the dessert every 5 minutes.. Its super good.. yumm..
What's great about it is that its super easy, and it takes about 40 min and its ready to serve..
All you need is:
1 can of preserved Apricots (pears, apples, and peaches can work too) - there is 2 cans in the pictures but I only used one
1 box of yellow cake
1 stick of butter (100 g)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
Now the how to is super simple...
1. Open can of apricots and simply spill all the contents including the syrup into a 17" glass pot, slice them if needed.
2. sprinkle the whole box of yellow cake on top
3. slice butter into 16 pieces and distribute over the yellow cake layer
4. sprinkle cup of brown sugar
5. sprinkle cup of crushed walnuts (you could use pecans or hazelnuts - just be creative)
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.. and Voila..
you can either serve it hot with vanilla Ice cream, or eat it cold.. Its yummy either way :)